Parking Charge Notice (PCN) - How to Appeal
You have the option to appeal against the parking charge notice (PCN) you have received.
A parking charge appeal must be made in writing to this address:
Suite 12 The Shippon, Church Road
For more information call : 01244 283 343
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please clearly state your reason for appeal, and detail any other information you feel is relevant. This should be done within 28 days of the parking enforcement action, or within 14 days if you wish any discounted payment period to be honoured. Our Parking Appeals Department will acknowledge receipt in writing or by email within 14 and will respond with a decision with 35 days.
The amount outstanding WILL NOT increase whilst we consider your parking charge notice Appeal. If your PCN appeal was received within the discount payment period, the opportunity to pay the reduced parking charge notice will be extended after a decision has been informed.
Should you wish to pursue an appeal against the parking charge notice (PCN), please ensure your appeal contains the following information or we will be unable to process it:
- Your PCN number
- Your name & full postal address including postcode
- Your vehicle registration number
- The date of the contravention
- Any copies of evidence you have to support your appeal
- Your contact telephone number & email address if relevant
Appeals will NOT be considered for the following reasons:
- Your parking ticket/Blue Badge fell down/was blown off the dashboard/on the seat etc.
- Your parking ticket/Blue Badge was not displayed clearly, face up, on the dashboard of your vehicle
- You forgot to display your parking ticket/Blue Badge
- You went to get some change
- You did not know it was a Pay & Display car park
- You were only a few minutes overdue
- You only stopped for a few minutes
If the appeal is unsuccessful you will be provided with the contact details of the Independent Appeals Service (POPLA) and a unique appeal reference. POPLA will not accept your appeal if you have not appealed to us beforehand. Please be advised that if you choose to appeal to the Independent Appeals Service and your appeal is unsuccessful then you will lose the right to pay at the reduced amount.